Herb bundles for smoke cleansing, also known as "smudges" or "smudge sticks".
Note: due to increased demand and over-farming, Native/First Nations/Indigenous practitioners are finding it difficult to access white sage, and it's become endangered. Though we've always purchased from responsible suppliers who allow Native growers to set their own purchase limits each year according to crop success, we've removed plain white sage, and have very limited numbers of herb bundles with some white sage mixed with other herbs. See below.
We'd like to turn you onto the power of other underrated and wonderful herbs for cleansing and setting your intentions. Consider these other excellent herbs to do the same job as white sage, or pick from our line for more specialized uses.
Choose the size and herb combination:
- Black Sage (Mugwort) - use it to open your third eye, inspire lucid dreaming, and connecting to your higher self and your chosen guides. - 5", 9"
- Blue Sage - removes blockages and negative thoughts; cleansing, banishment. 6", 9"
Blue Sage with Purple Sage - removes blockages and negative thoughts. Cleansing, banishment. Purple sage aids in calming and relaxation, soothes nervous system, opens heart chakra, protection - good for attracting true love and calming stormy relationships. 4"
- Blue Sage with Yerba Santa - removes blockages and negative thoughts, cleansing, banishing unwanted energies and negativity, healing. 4"
- Eucalyptus - purification, soft protection, peaceful solitude, health, joy, soothing troubled relationships, work through blockages - use to represent the air element. 4", 8"
Purple Sage - calming and refreshing, soothes nervous system, opens heart chakra, protection - good for attracting true love and calming stormy relationships. 4", 8"
- Mountain Sage - purification and new beginnings, bolsters strength, aids in productive dreaming. 4".
Mountain Sage with Myrrh - purification and new beginnings, aids in productive dreaming, use before meditation to aid in healing and aligning chakras. 4"
Mountain Sage with Dragon's Blood - purification, new beginnings, aids in productive dreaming - with the additional potency of dragon's blood boost in healing, protection, strength. 3-4"
- Mountain Sage with Frankincense - purification, new beginnings, aids in productive dreaming - frankincense is used to open the third eye, prosperity in business, clear negative thoughts. 4"
- Mountain Sage with White Copal - purification, new beginnings, aids in productive dreaming - healing and soothing. 4"
Rosemary - strong protection, purification, mental clarity, memory, vitality, ward off bad dreams, friendship, remembrance, healing, improve state, uplifting. 3-4", 8"
- Shasta Sage - remove emotional blockages and residual negative thoughts, cleansing, banishing unwanted energies, use in healing work. 4"
- Yerba Santa - healing, purification, cleansing, banishing negativity, protection, love, growth, improving divination skills, setting boundaries and healing/unblocking the heart chakra. 5", 9"
LIMITED QUANTITIES BELOW:
Blue Sage/White Sage/Yerba Santa 4"
- Sage Brush/Purple Sage/Yerba Santa/White Sage 4"
- Mountain Sage/White Copal/Cedar/White Sage 4"
- Yerba Santa with White Sage 9"
1. The use of herbs for purification is often called smudging, but "smudging" actually (only) refers to a specific rite performed by certain Native/First Nations/Indigenous peoples. Curanderos and other practioners (who may or may not be Indigenous) may use similar techniques as smudging, but those are limpiezas or other rites with other names.
2. Smoke cleansing and burning herbs to set intentions or perform rites has been used by cultures all over the world in various ways, and that is an appropriate use by any practitioner or lay person who wishes to either cleanse or set intentions for their space, or who merely likes the scent of these herbs.
3. Cleansing a space does not merely mean to burn it in a bowl and let it be. It requires active engagement before it goes into a bowl at the end of the process. Do not feel the need to use feathers or any particular technique used by Native people, but DO engage with the herbs and speak your intentions as you light the herbs and waft the smoke around gently. Once your intention is set, feel free to allow the herbs burn in a fire-safe bowl and do not leave it unattended.
And please - do not merely wave herb bundles at hostile people as if you were throwing holy water on them. That's not going to do any good whatsoever.