One of our line of super-strength, body-safe natural oils - exclusively blended with intention.
Designed as a connection to the earth and to re-emergence from a long period of stagnation or bondage, Torpor refers to the state of lethargy, but has also been used in fiction to refer to the period that a vampire would bury themself in the earth and just exist until they felt like re-emerging into the waking world. Many of us can identify with this allegory, and this is a perfect scent to signal your emergence, and keep you grounded but moving forward. It's also a rather gothic scent, smelling like it does of graveyard dirt and, yes, vampires. (Without the death breath, of course.)
This blend has a base of wet earth, plus notes of tobacco, cedarwood, vetiver, chypre, sandalwood, basil and more, and they come together for a surprisingly fresh, but absolutely dirty scent that suits almost anyone's personal chemistry.
Though it contains jojoba and sweet almond oil, it's super-strength, so a little goes a long way. You can dilute it if you have sensitive skin, but you may find it fades quicker. Just reapply if you're out for a long time.
- 1 drop on each wrist, then rubbed behind your ears, and a drop or two wherever else you want to put it.
- We wear it neat with no trouble, but dilute it 1:1 with your favourite carrier oil if you have sensitive skin.
- Or just dab it on your clothes where your body will warm them. (Please do your due diligence on your fabrics to make sure they won't be damaged by oils!)
To scent your space:
- 4-5 drops into an oil warmer or diffuser will do the trick. You shouldn't need much more!
For spell work:
- Wearing it is its own spell, but it's also perfect to dress candles when your intentions are to signal the beginning of your re-emergence from a state of lethargy or inaction, or bondage - in which the inaction was not your choice, emergence from an abusive situation, a rebirth less flagrant than, say, the phoenix from the flame, but a gradual, steady push toward breathing fresh air and becoming your whole self.
How much should I get?
- 1/2 dram contains ~40 drops
- 6ml contains ~120 drops
- 2 dram contains ~147 drops
- 1 oz contains ~591 drops
You can see the sizes relative to each other in the last photo. We generally recommend getting smaller sizes and keeping oils around for a shorter period of time before refreshing them, but if you're going for a bigger size, keep them in a cool, dry spot and not in direct sunlight, and please - not in a car. No. Very naughty.
Our scent oils have some natural antimicrobial from the essential oils in them, but we also add an additional natural preservative - usually less than a drop per batch - just to add a little more protection from bad little microbes. If you prefer no additional preservative, just ask! We use rosemary antioxidant CO2 extract but as always, we recommend that you refresh your body oils regularly to keep your skin healthy.